Monday, May 16, 2016

Editing and Montage - Editing - BAFI105

Monday 16th May 2016                            Editing and Montage                     Dan Paolantinio

Over the past few weeks my aim was to finish my filming, start the edit and think about my decisions within the edit, possibility of creating an edit decision list to make my choices a lot easier when I come to the edit.

My chosen genre for filming had to be nature, I used the location where I work, Buckland Abbey, I wanted to focus my shots around spring time, trying to capture the glorious colors, the sunlight as it beamed over all the flora. I wanted to feature the cuteness of new born lambs in my piece.        

I can safely say that I have the filming complete, the edit is done to the best of my ability, I am very proud of the edit, I chopped and changed the images to the way that I set out, I have found a great piece of music as a backing track for my project, I have cut the jumps, shakes and focus pulls to the beat of the music, I like to think that it helps to build tension and atmosphere up to the parts of action within my piece i.e. the flowers swaying in the wind, the lambs jumping etc.

Today I have started to write up my written evaluation, I have been watching the piece back over and over again, I have asked other students to watch the piece nd let me know what they think, I wanted to gather an understanding as to what people would pick up on.

I feel as if I achieved the Kuleshov effect, I used two images simultaneously in order to show the relationship between the lamb and its mother, I thought that this worked really well and when viewing back a lot of people thought that it was a great way to show time passing as the young would grow up and have it's own new born.

(Once a copy of my film had been made, I decided to create another version of my piece but changing the end shot to give it a different aspect, I opted out of the idea of repeating the end and inserted a wide angled shot which zoomed out, pulling back to reveal the night sky with a gorgeous sunset).

No comments:

Post a Comment