Friday, December 2, 2016

Practical Screencraft 2 BAFI201- 2nd December

Friday 2nd December 2016              Practical Screen-craft       Andy James/Russell Cleave and Dom

RAD Film Project 

As the sound supervisor for this Sci-fi I feel as if I did a really good job with organising my team, developed a further understanding as too how to tackle work load for people who don't turn up. 

Examples of how I supervised and took charge of the sound crew. 

Firstly myself and the boom operator went through the script and noted down any ideas for foley within the film which proved successful as we could tally whether or not we had achieved the sounds required. 

I held regular contact and group meetings, kept a schedule of every persons availability, made those who weren't in, aware of the work that we had been set, organised folders for the sound bites to go into, uploaded and categorised all the foley from both sound groups.

When it came too the set I ensured that both the sound recordists had a list of the equipment that would be required for the shoot to go successfully, I even created a new role of a second boom operator to subsidise having two sound recordists, I wanted to achieve the same dialogue but at different pitches so we used a MK70H and an MCE86 which worked really well to achieve different sounds for the main actress (Chelsea Marie). 

Behind the Scenes for RAD 001


Setting up the lighting - Linda's Transparent Screen


Adjusting the exposure, checking the frame


Checking audio, adjusting the gain


Sound supervisor (myself), camera operator (Jan) and Grip (Constantinos)

(All images taken by Dan Discombe using his phone)

No comments:

Post a Comment