Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Negotiated Project - 9th May

Tuesday 9th May 2017                              Negotiated Project                    Kaz Rahman

The Secret Canvas

I have filmed the footage for my film "The Secret Canvas" at my chosen location, the garden house in Buckland Monachorum. Overall the shoot went well, everything was carefully thought out and there were contingencies in place incase I didn't achieve the shots that I had planned.

The camera that I chose to use was the Cannon 7D as well as a f1.8 macro lens. My main idea for the film was to focus around depth of field, paying close attention to the equipment she uses.

I wanted to show the fine details of the actress painting and focus on the space around her, creating a small space within a big space - helping to emulate the wider space around my actress.

A Go Pro was attached to an overhead ceiling light to give a birds eye view, watching over her as she worked.  After I shot the opening sequence, I gave the actress free will as I did not want to interrupt her natural flow of painting - exposing her in her own habitat working was key and I did not want to stifle this.  I used my initiative and asked the actress to paint another picture so that I could shoot the cut away shots for the final scene.

I shot some cut away shots after the shoot to include at the beginning to imitate her point of view whilst looking out of the window at the garden.

I have now started thinking about the type of sounds that would be useful to bring the visuals alive.

Room ambience for ghostly feel.
Blinds Shutting
Birds in the garden
Placing a lantern down and releasing the handle
Painting/scraping
Match coming out of a box
Striking a match
Sound of jam jar - swirling brush in the water.
Possibility of wind
Moving things around in a box
Getting out equipment
Table ready to work on
Pouring water from jug into jam jar
Twisting lids from acrylic paints
Twisting lid off jam jar
Ripping plastic off canvas to begin work
Squeaky noise of pipette (white substance)

Here is my final film - The Secret Canvas

Negotiated Project - The Secret Canvas from Luke Curno on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment