Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Creating an app - IPhone/IPad/Android - 17th February

Wednesday 17th February 2016           Module: Creating an App             Lecture: Martial Bugliolo

Introduction into App Design

Today we started of by being introduced to this module, what it would entail, he asked us to have a look at the brief in our own time, he explained that we would need to start off by working out the resolution for our phones, typing"What is my Screen Res" into google it came up with a website which once clicked showed the size of my android phone which was 360x640 (Nexus 5 Screen Size). Throughout this introductory lesson, we got to grips with the basics of layouts, button actions and the way to preview our ongoing app designs using a programme called Adobe captivate.

Towards the break everyone had managed to open adobe captivate, set the resolutions to match their personal phone, had created the front page for the applications that we were designing as well as creating 4 different slides for their application i.e front page, about, portfolio and the contact page. After the break we started to create text entry boxes where we were able to use variables to create our own passwords for the application as well as presenting an error that would come up if someone entered the name or password incorrectly.

I found this first lesson very interesting as I was able to learn the basics of creating an interface for my application, I took the time in the lesson to show my drafted plan for the application that I wanted to create, Martial said that he would very happy to help out and hopefully all of the features would be achievable, he liked the idea of the geo tagging for photographs but he wasn't sure whether I would be able to sync the photos or any files directly to google drive, so i may have too carry out my own research in order to create this.

Since the lesson, I have read through the brief again, making sure that I understand what will be required to evidence on my blog as well as the ideas, planning and the application itself. I thought that i may have already been ahead of the game though as I had already created a plan for my application, even if I don't use the plan I can then show my research and progress up too the final creation, the reasons to back up my decisions are clearly labelled in my research document which shall be uploaded onto my blog further through the sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment