Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Directing and Performance - Film B 17th- BAFI104

Wednesday 17th February 2016       Module: Directing and Performance     Lecturer: Andy and Lucy

Planning Work - Developing the idea

Today myself and Danielle met up from our group, we had been talking in the FB chat, the majority of the actors have created their character profiles and so Danielle created a drafter script for our film b project, included the messages, morals, character structure and what she wants to happen in each scene. As the cinematographer I took it upon myself to ask her to print out the script so that I could have a copy but also so that I could annotate different camera angles and lighting setups that could be used, I have again been doing similar research too that of film A about the types of cameras, looking at existing footage that I have shot, reading through the script I was able to create some shots in my head which could be used

Here is the script with the annotations that I have made, i thought that I would upload this to show my research and contribution to the group so far, as well as attending the meeting with Danielle where we have created a concrete idea on the whole film, hopefully I can achieve this as the cinematographer, I want to experiment a lot more with lighting for this project, getting to grips about the best lighting set ups, where it looks best, best was to light the frame and show of the characters.

We are currently chatting with the actors in the group chat on Facebook, posting links and ideas and trying to generate their character profiles a lot more, we are awaiting conformation on our location, whether we can shoot their and then we shall arrange a date to have a test shoot, myself and Danielle will arrange this and then let the group know what is happening shortly after.

I have told Danielle that I will now try to look at a few part films, scenes in a bar an see how they are shot, what kind of camera angles, trying not to steer away from the establishing shots she had in mind, I will also try to talk to peers in other groups who are doing cinematography, see if we can benefit by helping each other with ideas.

Script - Film B - with my annotations




No comments:

Post a Comment