Saturday, October 28, 2017

Film 301 - Obstruction Films

Saturday 28th October 2017       Research and Experimentation      Lectures: Kaz, Dan, Andy

Obstruction Film - Seal Time and Fired up Punk Energy 

I wanted to experiment with having characters within a short film but without using actual people or actors. The face of the piece would be the narration of the young seal and his mother as they are filmed inland within a North Cornish spot. 

With my keen passion for wildlife filmmaking, I decided to create a short film where I would re-create the voices of the wildlife to put a spin on my previous work. A filmmaker within a group that I am associated within has aloud myself to use his footage of seals in a local inland spot on the North Cornish coast as long as I credit him for his filming. 

The short film follows the life of a young seal as he wonders around his habitat in search for a source of food and his mother but what's to come is nothing but surprising for the viewer, washed away by the brutal force of the oceans current. 

A link to my short film Seal Time which can be located on my Vimeo Channel in response to our Obstruction task.

Research and Experimentation - Seal Time from Luke Curno on Vimeo.

I also created another short film to support my presentation for our research and experimentation module "Fired up Punk Energy".

Research and Experimentation - Fired up Punk Energy from Luke Curno on Vimeo.

I go into more detail about this film within another blogpost, which outlines the intentions for this particular experiment

No comments:

Post a Comment