Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Creating an Application - 16th March

Wednesday 16th March 2016                    Creating an Application              Lecturer: Maz

In Today's lesson I started to create my application, I started of with the front page, had the idea of slapping the logo for my app right in the middle of the page, I wanted to be able to place links in the top toolbar and I wanted to have text above the logo as a hint to let people know that they have to tap the logo in order to get to the form which they can then fill out and submit. I started to then import everything that I had into captivate and work with my initial ideas where I had created a data sheet using Jotform. I started to think about the colour scheme for my application and in the end I decided to stick with the colours that I had set on Jotform so used the swatches icon to drag and drop the same colours across to make my application in keeping and look clean. I started to position the name of the group underneath the logo as well as the subheading which I made a little smaller but used the same text, it looks really nice. Next I moved onto my logo icons, I imported the existing icons for android into photoshop, placed my logo over the top of them and then I saved them as PSD's so that they could be imported into phone gap for viewing on my android phone, I used the notepad to change the orientation to landscape so that the text would all show up on my device.

As well as the target audience I started to think about how I have been progressing through the module week by week, I wanted to make a note somewhere with set goals or any achievements that I will plan to make in the coming weeks of my application design project.

Goals week by week for my apps ideas and further development

Week 1-5 we went through lots of tutorials on how to use different key features of captivate, button operations, geo-tagging, arranging, placement, changing locations, adding interactions, how to layout our apps, working out our screen resolutions etc.

Week 5 I decided to write up all of my ideas for the app that I wanted to create, taking into the account how the application will actually function, how I would like the app to work, I have the idea of every time the application is complete and the form submitted, I feel like there should be an email sent to a certain group email so that they can keep on record a copy of the exact data that has been submitted.

Week 6 - I am going to resolve a few problems that I have come into contact with along the way, I will reupload the zip file to phone gap that I have created so that the logo will appear on the application, I will then try to resize the submit button so that it will show up on the application itself. I may have a look at linking a twitter and website button on the top of the first page which when clicked will be able to open in a new tab to avoid the user losing any forms that they may have been filling out etc. I feel like these links will make the application in keeping with the group's official website layout.

Week 7-9 - I plan to use this time to add any final touches to my application to make sure that the application is working or somewhat useable, make sure that the email function works and that the applications links are fully functioning to direct the user to the groups website and twitter.

Week 10 - I am planning to use this lesson to write up my evaluation for the product which hopefully will be straight forward as I have kept blogs from each session as well as screengrabbing my application at different stages to show my thinking process and how my app has been developed.

No comments:

Post a Comment