Thursday, March 3, 2016

Moving Narrative - Monologe 3rd March

Thursday 3rd March 2016                                Moving Narrative                                Allister Gall

Monologue - Exercise 3

Exercise 3 This week, using your characters developed, create a 1-2 page monologue scene, in which only one character speaks. Remember, this doesn't mean the script has to be only dialogue.

Paddy (Ex-detective and Cop) observing suspicious activity.

Woah that is bright, where the hell is that light coming from, I better run upstairs to get a closer look out the window. Ah look there is Cameron’s friends car, oh wait I can hear something being said, perhaps I could open this window, could I hear better, c’mon you stupid handle why don’t you budge. Wow I haven’t cleaned my windows in ages, look at the state of them, I can hardly see anything perhaps it was my imagination. I’m sure I had some window lean on my bedside table; she must have moved it from the top, silly bitch. Wait, no I put in the cupboard the other week, oh what am I like, I better go and fetch it, but... this kitchen floor is freezing, where did I put my slippers, I’m always losing things, I need to be more organized.

I thought I left the heating on, it's so cold here, might as well get a drink while I am downstairs, that’s much better. Ah ha there it is, goodness my picture frame, I didn’t leave the window open did I, and no wonder it's so cold. Better find my slippers and head back upstairs, I'll have to buy some more window cleaner, there’s hardly any left in this bottle. Right ok I better be quiet so as to not wake up the household, better still, to not attract any attention to the window, it's completely open, I’ll never be able to reach that handle now, unless I lean out on the ledge, but what if Cameron or his friend notice me, what if I fall, better still if that window swings open any further it could small against the wall.

(Enters back in the window)…That was close, nearly lost my footing, at least the window is shut, didn’t make too much noise either, what was that noise, that sounded like a car door, I better crouch down, wouldn’t want to be seen.

Cameron… it has to be, what an earth is he doing at this time, oh he’s putting his rubbish out haha, but I haven’t put ours out, guess I should probably check my phone calendar, just as I thought it isn’t for another few days, better get back to the window, lets see what he is up too, he did place them in the recycle, I wonder if I was to go around, open up the lid, I have to find out what's in those bags, but what if he spots me, argh dilemma…

Okay it's late and Cameron has just driven off, where has he gone, let's take a look at these recycling bins, it could just be household waste but why was is he carrying the same 2 black bags with him the day before, he could have just dumped them while he was out. I need to be sneaky, if I get caught how the hell am I going to describe my actions, I was hungry haha.

There it is, okay the light is on, is someone home, does he live with someone else, I have never seen anyone else come out of that house, he doesn’t even let his friend in. Would he let me in if I asked, he has a shovel though, wouldn’t want to mess with him, perhaps he is digging a grave for a body, I need to get out of here quick, I can feel my body shaking, but I need to open this lid (opens the lid). 

No comments:

Post a Comment