Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Moving Narrative 2 BAFI202 - 22nd November

Tuesday 22nd November 2016.            Moving Narratives 2.               Kaz Rahman

Double Indemnity - 1944 Film Noir film

Directed by Billy Wilder - written by Raymond Chandler

Opens up too Neff being in the main office for the insurance business, he is confessing to what he has done using Keys phone! The confession is used as the main story throughout the film, without this type of dialogue I feel like we wouldn't understand the film, I would find myself asking what is going on, especially when Neff and the lady daughter meet up together, almost felt as if he fancied her and that it wasn't all about trying to make her stay quiet about the information she has about him and Phillis.

After the discussion before the film I couldn't help but watch the film as a lighting piece, the way the venetian blinds were everywhere, even though they are typical for the style for that of Film Noir, I found it amazing the way that they caste beans of light across the room and the characters throughout certain Scenes of the film. It almost worked as a way to create suspense and build tension for the atmosphere around the characters.

I feel that now I have watched the film, I became clear of the story towards the end when keys discovers neff in his office. I feel like if I watched the film again I would be able to follow the characters a lot more clearer, in particular the feme fatal I.e. Phillis.

There was definitely some innuendos within this film that I picked up on which made the film somewhat enjoyable to watch, washed over me as I paid close attention to the movement between neff and Phillis as they plan to kill mr dickens.

This film had a lot of snappy dialogue, not only was it straight to the point but it was fast and at times extremely hard to understand what was being said, especially when the insurance managers were having a meeting and they invited Phillie into speak about her husbands death.

No comments:

Post a Comment